Translate

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Blog Urge

The postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent IBM’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Jonesing to Blog

I've been wanting to blog since I woke up this morning, and yet, here I am, 30 minutes past when I should be in bed with the lights off, if I wanted a good night's sleep. There isn't even a burning topic in my head -- simply, have missed spending time with the blog and the people I know and love, who kindly follow it, and the strangers, who show up via random search words.

Next week, Pat and I go to the Taj Mahal and we're talking about it often. "I figured you'd like it, since you like rocks so much," Pat said. I love that she gets its native, mineral appeal to me. And I get that she'll want to take photos and photos of it.

The Taj Mahal captures my imagination, as do the people behind the search words that land here, as does envisioning an India, where being gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender is simply extraordinary, rather than at all taboo....I wish that for the United States, too.

I just added my friend Deepak's blog to my blog roll. He'll help both countries get there by his example, and now Holland further, since he's begun his MBA there.

What Else Captures My Imagination?

-- the magazine we bought for our niece at the small sundry shop in our neighborhood, "Muslim Girl: Enlighten. Celebrate. Inspire." There's a great fashion spread inside, "5 Key Pieces for Fall" along with "Eid Eats" a music review of Kate Fenner....I just went to see what Kate Fenner sounded like and was reminded of a mix of Carly Simon and Joan Armatrading.

What else? -- I'm intrigued, thinking about what people were like as children, and their favorite children's books. I asked the favorite children's book question on my Facebook profile and got some neat answers.

What else captures my imagination? -- anticipating the meal of Mughalai cuisine that we'll experience tomorrow evening during the Navrati food festival that the Rajgarh restaurant here is hosting for all nine of the fest's days. We've been to six of the seven nights so far -- missed last night's Bengali cuisine, but have enjoyed the Punjabi; Gujrathi; Chettinadu; Kashmiri; Goan and Rajastani food so far.

It has been months since I've tried ending a blog entry with a question to readers, but I'll try once more: What captures your imagination?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to know the difference between all of those cuisines.
Have a great time at the Taj Mahal.
Love,
Kathy

Sarah Siegel said...

If only I had taken notes! So far, my favorite dishes were from last night -- Mughali, including Kofta, Paneer Binbali, which was bound by paneer (Indian cottage cheese) and which I was promised contained no flour (which you know my doctor forbids me to eat). Chef Bala takes such good care of me! At some point, I hope Pat posts pix from this fun experience.