Translate

Monday, December 22, 2008

The Success Is in the Action

The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent IBM's positions, strategies or opinions.

...Not the Result

The affirmation in this entry's title and subtitle is something I try to tell myself whenever I do something brave that is a long-shot. Tonight, for the first time since I was in my early-twenties, I sent a query letter to a magazine, offering to submit an article for publication.

Here's the automated response I received, which nonetheless thrilled me:

Thank you for your submission to Curve magazine. Please note that it can take up to eight weeks for a response.

Diane Anderson-Minshall
editor in chief

Let's see what happens. I'm grateful to my writer-artist friend, Val, who pumped me up with courage earlier this evening. Little did she know that her encouragement would be applied so literally, so soon. Thanks, Val!

No comments: