Translate

Friday, March 13, 2009

Shalom Bayit...

The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent IBM's positions, strategies or opinions.

Means "Peace in the Home"

Tonight, after our practically weekly meal out, Pat and I watched a movie that held little appeal for me, "Bank Job." I did it for the sake of what observant Jews refer to as "shalom bayit" or "Peace in the Home."

Fortunately, there's not much I feel the need to do for shalom bayit because our home already has a lot of shalom, and there's plenty that both of us enjoy doing together.

Previously, I've written here that a few years ago, an Indian colleague (from India) spent a weekend with Pat and me prior to a conference that my colleague and I were attending together.

When she visited her college friends afterwards -- they had moved from India to Virginia -- they asked, "How was it, staying with lesbians?"

"Like staying with any family, only more peaceful," she said she told them.

No comments: