Translate

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 5772, 2012 and Soon, Year of the Dragon!

The postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent IBM’s positions, strategies or opinions.

This is My 600th Blog Entry, Which Is a Cause for Hope in Itself

I've been at this -- blogging -- since Passover, 5768/2007, or for nearly five years. Granted, whereas for the first two+ years, I managed to blog at least three times a week and lately, I'm lucky if once a month, it's still a friend to me and I use it when I need it.

My blog has been a friend when I'm wondering, inspired, sick, lonely, celebratory, suffering from indignities, sad, mournful, grateful, hopeful, what-if'ing in positive or catastrophic directions. On the yawning first day of every new year, I find myself what-if'ing in hopeful directions, though not usually aloud/publicly, as I'm superstitious. What if, in 2012, the rest of 5772 and the upcoming Year of the Dragon, what if I weren't superstitious? And what if:
  • The Green Bay Packers won the Super Bowl again
  • Pat's and my trip to Israel in June was life-changing and wonderful
  • My thyroid challenge turned out to be only temporary, i.e., just subacute thyroiditis
  • I collaborated with colleagues to design and deliver more first-of-a-kind social learning activities for new internal clients
  • Traveled to a new city or country for work
  • Exercised at least three times a week and was nice and fit
  • Earned my Masters in Organization & Leadership with a specialization in Adult Learning and Leadership
  • Studied and regained some Hebrew fluency
  • Celebrated my mom's 87th birthday and Pat's mom's 89th
  • Saw real progress in marriage equality for same-sex couples
  • Found time to do more fun things with friends, more learning or volunteer work.

No comments: