Translate

Monday, December 10, 2007

Music and the Moon x 2

The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent IBM's positions, strategies or opinions.

Sangitha, Chandra and Shashi

These are recent vocabulary words for me; here, there are two words for moon, and they are common names for people, too. I know two Shashis, for example.

Tonight on the way home, we listened to sangitha (music) on Radio City, 91.1 FM, during a commercial on Radio Indigo and I heard a gorgeous singer, Adnan Swamy. His song included the words, "Tera bina," which Channa said meant, "Without you...."

His voice's romantic beauty moved me. I'm not sure I've found the right one, as my connectivity's poor tonight and I cannot hear much of it, but I've found a YouTube version. Watching what I could of the video, he reminds me of an Indian Barry White, i.e., I can't imagine him ever singing anything other than love songs filled with longing.

No comments: