Translate

Friday, February 29, 2008

Two Movies

The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent IBM's positions, strategies or opinions.

One an Escape and the Other, Inane

Pat and I watched two, rented DVDs last night: "All Over Me" and "Knocked Up." For awhile, I thought that "All Over Me" was going to feel like a teenage "High Art," a movie that I disliked. Instead, quickly, I grew to care about the main character and to wish her well, and I escaped into her world for a couple of hours.

I was inspired to rent "Knocked Up" because I read about it while in Heathrow Airport in December; the British newspaper critics had made it sound good. I was highly-amused maybe twice and fell asleep before it ended.

Again, like the previous, two shows we saw, "Bernard and Doris" and "Come Back, Little Sheba," which I wrote about recently, each was about a struggling couple. This time, I'll not spoil the plots.

No comments: