Translate

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Flickering Candles

The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent IBM's positions, strategies.

Not So Far This Year

Pat and I've been twisting blue bulbs on a plug-in Chanukah menorah this year, rather than lighting candles so far. Still, it's fun to keep it in the window of the guestroom upstairs for cars, passing through our neighborhood to see, and for us, when we go out and come home.

I wish the cats could sing along with us. Our friend Mary kindly sent them a couple of Chanukah gifts again this year. They are our children...who, please God, will let us sleep till 6 am tomorrow.

It has been sweet to sing the brachot (blessings) with Pat nightly. I wish my college friend Robyn were here to march around the living room, singing "Maoz Tsur Yeshuyati" at the top of our lungs like we did when we lived in Chicago.

No comments: