Translate

Friday, March 7, 2008

Spending the Sabbath Half-Peacefully

The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent IBM's positions, strategies or opinions.

Blogging and Chatting

"What's our boy, doing on TV, crying?"

"Hang on, Sam. Here's Pat," I tell my neighbor, passing the phone to her.

They talk about Brett Favre's press conference, where he announces his retirement, and then Pat tells me upon hanging up, "C'mon, we're going over there right now to give him the cheese-head [we bought him when we were in Green Bay recently]."

We do, and nearly an hour later, I'm back on the blog. Tonight, from here on, is all about watching DVDs of, perhaps, "The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter" and "The Naked Civil Servant," as we have skipped synagogue due to the rain and exhaustion of the week; yesterday, we called in for our rabbi to include my mom in the list of people to pray for their restored health, and on Saturday, we'll go to Stamford to visit her, but otherwise, I need to chill out this shabbat.

My mother is going to need knee surgery, but not till the MRSA she colonized in her nose departs in 10 or more days, and they're waiting for the culture to come back from the gash in her shin. My sister Kathy thinks I'm going through the Anger stage of Kubler-Ross' stages of grief, but I know I don't want to feel angry anymore tonight. None of my feelings feel rational right now. I just want to relax. Seeing our neighbors Margaret and Sam helped me do that.

No comments: