Translate

Friday, December 19, 2008

Shall We Overcome?

The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent IBM's positions, strategies or opinions.

We Shall...Someday

Like she said.

Thinking about Tracy's blog entry further, I wonder, Could there have been any generation of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people that was as angry as the ACT UP bunch?

I'm not sure that this generation is angry as much as it has an unprecedented -- thank God -- sense of entitlement, to be treated as human, and as first-class citizens.

My least favorite form of self-expression is bitterness, and so I also want to add my pleasure at this mostly positive historical news. I wish my own homeland could have joined the list of 66, but again, I don't like to feel/be bitter....

No comments: