Today, More Than Just A Word A Day
When Channa and I were commuting this morning, I told him that I felt bad that I had forgotten to ask for my word or phrase of the day yesterday, so we made up for it:
- Oota aita?/Did you eat?
- Tindi aita?/Did you eat breakfast?
- Shoobowdaya/Good morning.
- Shoobadeena/Have a good day.
- Shoobaratri/Good night.
- Danyawada/Thank you.
- Walaya chalaka/You are a great driver.
- Navaratriya shoobashayagalu/Happy Navarati.
- Madeema/used when referring either to radio or TV
It was fun and humbling to be back to such basics in language. It's like being a baby again...only with many more responsibilities!