Translate

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Nature at its Best

The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent IBM's positions, strategies or opinions.

Flowers, Foliage and Food

Pat is cooking scallops that were caught in the Atlantic Ocean off of New Jersey this morning and that a fisherman brought to the farmers' market in Montclair today. They're huge and beautiful. She took me for a quick walk around our property while the butter began to do its work.

I saw flowers that we missed while we were in India last year: red and purple dahlias, yellow and white lillies, gladioli in a variety of colors and the willow tree we added to the backyard this past spring.

In the fridge is a strawberry festival in a box, that is, at my request, Pat bought boxes and boxes of the cute, sweet fruit, so I could bring in a bunch of it for my 25 classmates and professors in celebration of my birthday tomorrow. I've opted to adopt the Indian custom of giving out sweets on one's birthday -- just not the candy variety.

No comments: