Translate

Sunday, October 19, 2008

'60s Music

The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent IBM's positions, strategies or opinions.

The Songs I Remember Hearing During My Earliest Years

My prior posting about hits from 1973 and 1974 inspired me to look back earlier to the '60s; I found a helpful site. Most of the songs that were familiar, were not familiar to me from that time, but from hearing them when I was older. I was born on July 13, 1965, and yet, I swear I can remember hearing the following songs, playing on the radio, even though the first few were hits before I was born:


  • Blue Velvet - the way Vinton sang the two words, "Blue" and "Velvet" caught my attention and made me imitate him
  • Go Away Little Girl - the singer sounded so sad
  • Leader of the Pack - I enjoyed the sound of the revving engines
  • Monday Monday - their voices were cheerful
  • I'm a Believer - seemed like the wildest of the singing I had ever heard, e.g., "...yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah...."
  • Age of Aquarius - this was on the radio all the time and put me in a hopeful mood, but I wasn't sure why
  • Dizzy - I could relate to this one as a little kid; I knew what it felt like to be dizzy from spinning around and around till I fell down
  • Leaving on a Jet Plane - this was a favorite of one of the older sisters of a girl with whom we jumped on the trampoline at Stamford's Jewish Community Center on Briar Brae Road.

No comments: