Translate

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Today's Gratitude

The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent IBM's positions, strategies or opinions.

It's nearly Rosh Hashanah, the time of year when I ought to be doing a spiritual accounting of my past year, and so I'll list that I'm grateful for my:

  • Pat, for making me laugh and making delicious meals, and more
  • Mother's mostly good health and total lucidity at 82
  • Two (and only) older sisters, who are menschen (in the Yiddish sense of the word, i.e., humane beings/good people)
  • Sisters' relative health
  • Sense of humor
  • YMHA swimming pool, with its good hours and blue-on-blue striped lanes
  • Radio-access to top pop-music
  • Funny and kind brothers-in-law
  • Sweet, and appealing, and talented niece and nephews
  • Pat's mother's health and love
  • Pat's nice brother, who calls the plays with her by phone throughout football season
  • Two cat-sisters, with their green eyes and brown, striped fur, and sometimes-affectionate ways
  • Apparently restored inner-ear-bone health (kaynahoreh/no evil eye), according to Dr. Brookler at my checkup last week
  • Friends, who recommended my seeing Dr. Brookler
  • Friends, who I don't see enough of, but who make me happy whenever I do get to see them
  • Hundreds of contacts on various social networking sites, who make me feel part of a community
  • Flowering plant that's sitting on our deck; it was near death and Pat brought it back to life, and now, it has a profusion of big, purple flowers
  • Spacious, art- and book-filled home
  • Property full of flowers and trees and a bright green lawn maintained by my resident "lawnologist," Pat
  • Freedom to experiment and be creative at work
  • Being stateside for the High Holidays, rather than on our own in India, a country, where Jews are not really on the radar...like we were last year
  • Having contributed to the launch of an Indian chapter of our GLBT employee network group
  • Big-screen TV, which enables us to feel like we're at the theater
  • Opportunity to pursue a Masters degree part-time while working full-time -- to learn continually, and now at the graduate school level.

No comments: