Translate

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Shalom Bayit II

The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent IBM's positions, strategies or opinions.

"Peace in the Home II"

Just like I watched "The Bank Job" with Pat a few weeks ago for the sake of shalom bayit (peace in the home), I'm watching "Miller's Crossing" with Pat now.

Spoiler Alert: The only good part is John Turturro, but he's being gotten rid of, perhaps, in this scene -- the one compelling one of the movie so far.

Really, I don't mind *what* we're watching because I'm spent from writing a paper for eight hours yesterday and today. It's done now. One little one and one big one to go. After I finished this one, I invited Pat to go for a walk. It was so, so windy out, but sunny enough for sunglasses.

The wind kept blowing off the hood of my fake leopard-fur jacket, but it was worth it because we got to see grape hyacinths, forsythia, purple sheaths of hostas peeking out of the soil, weeping cherries, pink dogwoods, darling mini-daffodils -- "Remember the wood-chipper in 'Fargo?'" Pat asked while both of us were just grossed out by the latest scene in this God-forsaken film, which was also produced by the Coen Brothers.

How can nature be so gorgeous and its creatures so brutal?

No comments: