Translate

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Blog Buddy

The postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent IBM’s positions, strategies or opinions.

"I love reading --"

"I love reading, but I love writing even more--"

"What do you write? Fiction? Non-fiction...?"

"I have a blog." (This is such a fun way to respond now that it's true. Before, I would have answered, "I like to write personal essays.")

"Is it an IBM [internal] blog?"

"It's not internal."

"I've got an IBM one."

"Really? Neat!" (I had been thinking that if our dinner conversation went as well as I anticipated it would, I'd tell my relatively new colleague about my blog, if we talked at all about our lives. I didn't bargain for her saying, "Me, too," and was unnerved for a moment, but then thought, even better.)

I just received e-mail from her, letting me know that she had come to see it...this, and giving me the URL for hers.

How modern that I know more about her thoughts and what matters to her from her blog than I knew previously from our couple of dinner conversations and business meetings.

That she had a blog of her own made me like her even better, and her writing made me like her still further.

How much does it count, one's knowing of another via a blog?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, are you the Sarah Siegel who graduated from Drake High School in 1987? If so, we're looking for you! Our 20 year reunion is this summer: drakeclassof87@mac.com, web.mac.com/drakeclassof87

Sarah Siegel said...

Alas, no. And Stamford High's reunion committee -- if we had a reunion -- never found me, I'm reminded. I graduated from SHS in 1983.