Translate

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Blogging Before We Go

The postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent IBM’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Once More While on American Soil

I just splashed on Forest Essentials Aloe Vera & Mint Natural Astringent from the Himalayas, which I still had from my hotel stay during my last (and first) trip to Bangalore in July, 2005.

Now, I'm exhausted and olfactorily stimulated in parallel -- an odd combination...but no more odd than the other combinations I'm feeling during this last, pre-flight hour in our home; I am queasy and bold and anxious and psyched and jangled and calm and my throat hurts and I feel like singing and laughing and sleeping for hours.

My carry-on has my bathingsuit and goggles, to ensure I can swim when we get there, if my throat calms down.

Happily, we've already got plans to have lunch on Saturday with an Irish friend, who's also in Bangalore on assignment, and then we hope to meet with an Indian friend and colleague and her daughters on Sunday.

Please, God, let our flight leave on time, let our luggage not be delayed, let our ride show up at the airport (which did not happen last time), keep our families' health stable and let my sinus' health be restored. Amen.

6 comments:

John Martin said...

Here's to you and Pat for safe travels, an enriching stay in India, and blessings upon your family while you're gone.

Anonymous said...

Go, Sarah, Go. Can't wait for the first Blog from Bangalore

Tapak said...

Looking forward to hear about your Bangalore life. Adding you to my friendlist.

Sarah Siegel said...

Gentlemen, hi! This greeting's coming to you from the lounge at Heathrow, where the keyboard's a bit different, but seeing my blog and your comments makes me feel at home. Thanks for the good wishes.

\i'm going to try to blog once before we get on the 10-hour leg of the journey, from \london to Bangalore...see what \i mean about the keyboard\?

IBMike said...

Good luck with your adventure! I'm looking forward to reading all of your posts from India.

Is this the first time you and Pat lived outside of the USA for any length of time?

A big hug for you both,

Mike

Sarah Siegel said...

Indeed, this is Pat's and my first experience with living in another country together. So far, it's rejuvenating even to our already lively companionship.