Translate

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Jinxed Myself

The postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent IBM’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Trumpeting Anything Is Dangerous

This is the longest I've gone without blogging in at least two or three months...and right after I showed off about having posted 100 entries. Predictable.

I have to keep writing because I can't not, not because it's a numbers game.

Disclaimer: I had 90 minutes of sleep last night and five hours the night prior to that.

This morning, I couldn't find the Delete button in my e-mail program. That should be a cautionary tale, that I really can't go sleepless effectively.

I'm working on an exciting program for work -- remember, the other day, I said I needed to channel Madonna's creativity for a project? Same project. It will be complete by early-September. And that's all I can say, as I don't talk about real work stuff here because it's confidential.

...which makes it fairly challenging to post entries sometimes, since much of my experience, especially this past week, has been work-oriented.

The worst part of being over-tired is being less alert to poignant moments in my day and just writing like an automaton.

Blah, blah, blah....

I guess the only other thing I'll hazard writing about while this tired is the fear I have of being out of sight, out of mind. In terms of this blog, I don't even know who most of you who kindly visit are, other than my family, friends and other people who are moved to comment when they comment with their names, rather than anonymously.

When I was away from the blog with work later this week, I actually worried about losing visitors permanently. And even not knowing you, I don't want you to stop stopping by. Of course, this sensation's exacerbated by my feeling out of sight, out of mind in being this far away from my typical environment.

I'm sure everything will feel less dire after some sleep. Hope this entry didn't put you to sleep. Well, *somone* should get some.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog. I always hear you telling the story aloud in my mind's ear.

Sarah Siegel said...

How generous! Thank you for saying so, and just when I needed a reminder of my own humanity.

Still cooking along today at work and can't wait for Shabbat/Sabbath to start, even if I'm doing nothing more during it than a little bit of rest.

P.S. I hope people click over to your blog from here and have the treat of that fun and realistic graphic...though I've never seen you in that particular costume.

Anonymous said...

Sleep does a body and soul good, especially a healing body. Why so little? My wish for you is that you are able to get at least seven hours of restorative, peaceful sleep a night. What a difference a rested body and soul make.

Love you,
Kathy

Unknown said...

Hi Rarly,

I've been reading regularly, and thinking of you lots.

Love,

Marn

Sarah Siegel said...

Thanks to the three of you for reassuring me that you're out there!

Kathy, thanks for the amazing conversation this morning (my time)/last night (your time). You are great.

Sleep does do a body good and I've had a nice weekendful.

Yesterday, I took the day off and Pat and I bought a pale green-with-little-silver-mirrors-and-pink-multi-colored-embroidery-on-its front salwar kameez in silk and cotton yesterday and new sneakers and a fun aqua-blue-on-black cotton, sleeveless blouse, and plums and pears and yogurt and water, and I feel human again. Pat took lots of photos, and so she has more blog fodder.