Translate

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Play On!

The postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent IBM’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Bollywood Guiltless Pleasures

I've collected these favorites over a number of recent Fitness Center sessions. Jestin spots weight-lifters, and helps me with the spelling of the titles because I can't always recall the Hindi words after 30 minutes. Jestin also tells me to go to Planet M on Brigade Road if I want to find the best selection of Bollywood DVDs.

Music and music videos are my special pleasure so far, in addition to our friend Chitra and the exquisite food at the hotel. And tonight, on the way home, on Radio Indigo, I heard Brittany Spears do a marvelous cover of a Joan Jett song. This morning, I heard a male singer cover the Pointer Sisters' "Fire" amazingly. And Nickelback(sp?) has a great song, "Rockstar," not to be confused with a hit from a couple of weeks ago, "Party Like a Rockstar."

Our friend wanted us to go see "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" on Friday night, but I told her, "Pat and I like to pretend we can have a regular Sabbath on Friday nights when possible." And this afternoon, I received an instant message, asking that I spend Saturday at a career development event. I'm proud that I said I had another commitment.

Coming here, I knew that observing the Sabbath was going to need to be dispensible sometimes, but I don't want to dispense with it every Friday and Saturday.

It's beyond bedtime and I wish I could write in my sleep.

No comments: