Translate

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Being Bindaas

The postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent IBM’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Webster's Online Definition of "Bindaas"

According to my friend and colleague Chitra, Webster's online specifies:

Main Entry:   bindaas
Part of Speech: adj
Definition:   admirably bold and independent
Example:   talkative and bindaas babe
Etymology:   1993; India
Usage:   colloquial

Chitra has a 14-year-old daughter and my niece is 14. I showed Chitra my niece's Facebook page, which features a variety of photos of her, being silly and beautiful at the same time.

Chitra taught me "bindaas" upon looking at the series of photos. On the way home from work I asked Channa, who drives me, "What does bindaas mean to you?"

"Someone who is very free, Ma'am."

Please, God, let my niece always be bindaas.

No comments: