Translate

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Cover Story Catches My Eye

The postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent IBM’s positions, strategies or opinions.

"Accept Your Gay Child"

While waiting for Pat's hair to be cut, I found a magazine among the pile at the salon, the September, 2007 issue of "Savvy," a Magna Publication. I registered the irony of flipping past pages of gorgeous female actors and models who moved me to the story, which began, "How do you deal with a child whose behaviour hints toward homosexuality? Anupama Bijur guides you."

I learned about Sangama and about the expertise of a famous surgeon, Dr. Sudhakar Krishnamurti. I learned, too, that there's an NGO called Swabhav, run by Vinay Chandran and an Alternative Law Forum.

The article made the ultimate case for accepting that there are "...more than one or two sexual orientations" and for loving one's child no matter his or her sexual orientation or gender identity. How useful to see the topic and messages in a popular Indian fashion magazine!

No comments: