Translate

Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Well Is Still Damp

The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent IBM's positions, strategies or opinions.

...And Will Become Full Again, I Hope, with Time

Today, at lunch, a colleague told me that she was gardening last weekend and had to move a rock off of a tulip, so it could grow. "I moved the rock and thought, staring at the tulip, that's me!" she said and continued, saying that she wanted the courage and time to take a course in a subject that interested her. Each day she sat on the application was a day that she felt a rock, sitting on her.

This week has been a rock piled on me.

At first, it was great, swimming two days in a row, Sunday and Monday, but then I had to be at work too early on Wednesday and Thursday. I was at an amazing Web 2.0 conference at the beginning of the week and then a two-day meeting, and I've paid for it. At lunch, I responded to my colleague: "I know what you mean. I blog as a creative outlet and when I do not get to do it, or am too tired, I actually feel angry."

No comments: