Translate

Friday, May 2, 2008

"I Know This Is Your Issue"

The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent IBM's positions, strategies or opinions.

Riki Wilchins Told Me Tonight....

"It *is* my issue," I agreed, "And so's my synagogue." In other words, most of our discretionary, philanthropic money goes to our synagogue.

"I understand, but...."

GenderPAC's mission *is* my issue. I'm a woman, who has loved wearing men's ties; who feels aroused whenever I wear traditionally feminine clothing; who never feels at home in mainstream women's organizations; whose best friends are women; who is entranced by beautiful women; who never wants to wear a dress again; who wouldn't wear a sari while living in India out of shyness at bearing any of my torso, even though it's a relatively nice torso; who wishes the general public would recognize what I see as my essential femaleness; who wishes I could wear men's suits and ties and be a "lady-killer;" who wants genderless equality...not equality for the sexless, but for those, who straddle gender.

I have athletic features; women's eyes and brows; a man's jaw; a woman's neck and ears; women's fingers; a man's height; women's hips, but scarcely a woman's chest; a woman's and a man's smile in parallel....

No comments: