Translate

Friday, February 6, 2009

Yay!

The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent IBM's positions, strategies or opinions.

I'M A BIG SISTER

This is the lawn-sign that has been posted in front of some neighbors up the street who we don't know, for the past week. The exclamation is, presumably, coming from a girl-dog, as that is the photo featured in the center of the sign.

Straining toward the sky, but less so than a week ago, is a helium-filled, silver-on-one-side Snoopy balloon, which reads, "It's a boy!" Is it a boy-puppy or a baby-boy?

"How could she be the older sister of just one puppy, Pat?" I asked my partner. "Don't they come in litters?"

"Not if they bought the puppy from a breeder."

So is it a human boy or a canine one? Either way, I'm touched at how beloved the female dog must be to our neighbors, since she has been the star of Squire Hill Road for seven days.

No comments: